Want to increase the accessibility of your website?
Enhanced user experience, satisfactory usage, and smooth navigational flow are major elements of the site’s accessibility.
Is that what your website is lacking?
No need to worry. You are not the only one facing this dilemma. Several websites still lack the accessibility factor that creates a roadblock in terms of traffic.
But you can overcome this issue by trying a few web application development tricks to enhance accessibility to an optimum extent.
Just stick to this blog for a while and get answers to all your roaming questions.
Six Ways to Optimize Your Website for Maximum Accessibility
- Website Content Should be Organized and Easily Accessible
The first thing that users see on your website is the information i.e. content. If that is in an unorganized state and difficult to access, then there are increased chances of users bouncing from your platform.
So, there lies a simple way to organize things in two different ways.
* Let the Content be Accessible: One thing to make sure of is to let the content easily accessible across the website. We are talking specifically about the dynamic content that keeps on changing. Any user who lands on your site must be having the flexibility to view the dynamic information before it’s gone. To achieve this, you can use ARIA landmarks. These are tags that can be added to the content and clearly define its place on a particular page. It further allows creating easy navigational flow by directing users straight to respective content. In this way, you need not allow users to access a series of options in the menu before reaching a particular content page.
* Structurize the Information: Organization of site’s information is an imperative factor for maximum accessibility. Adding respective headers and subheads are essential to structure your content accordingly and let users easily navigate it through.
- Select Colours Carefully
It’s not just about adding whatever colours you like to your website. It’s about creating an appeal. No matter, contrast, light, or dark, proper colour scheme should reflect the true character of your business platform and make it appear class apart.
To satisfy the group of diverse individuals, try to add neutral shades to your website while keeping the brand authenticity at its place. Also, make sure to add contrast elements to CTAs to gather the utmost attention of users. This is where you want the users to click and get converted as potential customers.
- Do Add Alt Text to Website Images
One more way of bringing easy accessibility to your website is by adding alt text to all the images. Also, known as alt attributes, alt tags, or alt descriptions, it is all about adding context to the available images on the website and giving users a general idea of what are they looking at.
Not just for that only, add alt text to images from the perspective of improving your site’s search engine optimization factor. Doing such a small change can help search engines have the flexibility to crawl your website to an optimum extent.
- Use Tables for Showing Tabular Data & Not for Anything Else
Just remember the fact that table representation is for tabular data only and not exactly for listing, layouts, or anything else. So, be precise with the way of using tables on the website.
Use it precisely for showing a tabular form of information. No matter in an extensive form. It brings maximum attention to the eyes of users by referring to the table data as handy and easy to understand.
- Use Resizable Text that Does Not Break
Most devices and browsers support the text resize feature that enables users to resize the text according to their visual power. In case, it is not then, it can break your design and users stay away from your side. Thus, text resizing using the relative sizes approach is a must to ensure user-friendliness.
Your website should support the feature of scalability to change the text, design, and font sizes according to as per different sets of the device and operating system.
- Links with Unique Names & Descriptions
Do you include links on your website, mostly in the blog? We might guess that do. As it is a usual practice of interlinking pages. How do you include links in your content? Is it like Click Here?
Well, it is considered as an ineffective practice of inserting links within your content and describing the same as click here. A normally sighted person can see that link on the page and might click on the same. However, a visually impaired user finds it difficult to go to that descriptive link and might not fulfil the purpose of clicking on the same. It is because such users use their screen readers to go through a particular webpage.
So, the solution lies in presenting the link content at the start of the page to bring some relevancy. It allows both sighted and visually impaired users to find the links at first.
Now, you might have got the idea of possible flaws in your website that cause reduced accessibility. It’s time to optimize your site to improve accessibility and overall traffic. Hire AngularJS web developers to do the imperative changes and let the site be user-friendly and seamlessly accessible at all times.
At AngularJSIndia, you will find end-to-end website development to optimization support from the hands of professional experts. With their assistance, you can start focussing on what really matters for your online business.